50 States Challenge: Tennessee

Monday, February 18, 2019

September 22-24, 2018
Nashville

It was interview season and Ricky was on the trail (they call it these corny terms, I didn't make it up).  Nashville was a real potential job move so I tagged along for a quick trip down south to vet the place.

We managed to visit the Parthenon in Centennial Park which I literally did not know was a thing until we walked up to it (not cultured #noshame). It was amazing and the Athena on the inside was nothing short of glorious.

We also made a huge error in trying to keep up with the local cuisine, though.  Nashville does not play around and a plate of Fried Pickles put us into an absolute coma which shut down the rest of the day.  I'm not joking, we barely managed to make it back to our rental place before passing the eff out.

Unfortunately, the next day, the weather was hot and full of heavy life-sucking rain. The streets were empty.  Our plan to walk through a cloud of magical country music melted away.  Instead, we discovered the Opry Mills and Madame Tussads inside. I rubbed elbows with a few famous people.

Afterward, we wandered through Opry Land and holy crappola that place is amazing. When can I move in? Also, Ricky sucks at being an Instagram Boyfriend.

We also wandered around the Grand Ole Opry but nixed the paying tour cause we're cheapos.

The next day, Ricky had his interview and I was on my own.  Initially, I planned a few hours of thrifting but nixed it and detoured to Belle Meade plantation on a self-guided tour.
Yes, I also selfied sitting on the side porch of Belle Meade. The rain was intermittent at best, which also helped to contain any large touristy crowds.

I loved driving in Nashville.  The traffic was so minimal, it was easy to go anywhere, even when I got ridiculously lost and everyone was so freaking friendly it frightened me. I managed to convince Ricky he enjoyed Kacey Musgraves and we listened to her everywhere we went. But, I didn't see myself living there, being apart of the city's fabric.

Ricky matched to Pittsburgh and to Pittsburgh we stay for at least the next few years.

1 comment

  1. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Decorate The Soul. Design by FCD.