Grateful

Thursday, February 1, 2018


With all of the running around that I am apt to do, I don't really take time to stop and smell the roses.  I'm much more likely to go off on the list of things that are wrong with my life.  Especially with the way 2017 shaped out to be; I lost so much in 2017 that it's been so easy to see what I'm missing out on versus the moments I should be thankful for.

I started a "Memory Journal" that I write in weekly to check in and reinforce positivity in my life.  It's such a great opportunity to lean in and chase out the doubt.  I decided to share my list this week of things I am grateful for.  Sometimes, it really just takes a different perspective to realize it ain't all that bad.  I really encourage you to try it if you haven't.  And if you want a place to try it - you can in my comments!

I am grateful for the relationship I have with my mom.
I'm learning not to take the relationship I have with my mom for granted.  So many people I know feel that they have to continually lie to their parents about the way they choose to live their life or fear disagreements.  I'm really lucky that my relationship with my mom has developed into a genuine friendship.  I can tell her anything with honesty and know that even if she disagrees, it doesn't take away her love and respect for me as her child.  In return, she's been able to open up to me and allow me to get to know her for the person she is, outside of her role as my mom. This past year, we've really leaned on one another and I can't imagine getting through it without her.  And now, we're Poshmark Partners!

I am grateful that I am still motivated to find my passion.
At least, I'm trying!  I used to get really bummed that I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with my life, but I've recently re-framed that view and I now realize that I'm not lost - I'm just refusing to settle.

I am grateful for the opportunity and the means to live on my own.
I stress about my finances constantly, but living on my own has taught me so much about myself and boosted my confidence in my decision-making that it's been worth every single penny.  At first I was afraid I would feel lonely, but now I think I'm addicted to being alone!  I like hanging out with me.

I am grateful that my ex-boyfriend did not call me back after I accidentally called him through an app.
My stupid boyfriend made me download this new app called Duo because he got rid of his iPhone and we can't Facetime (which we've never done anyway) but this app will allow us to video chat.  When you sign up, it asks to import your contacts so it will let you know who has the app and you can chat with.  I accidentally called a family member I had blocked on my cell phone (yes, I do those kind of things) and then I was trying to figure out how to remove the people I don't want to talk to (because legit all of the contacts were a bunch of people I didn't want to talk to) and I called my 10th grade ex.  I hoped neither call went through, but my Grandpa confirmed my family member had indeed received a missed call from me.  Ten bucks says my boyfriend and I never even use this app.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Decorate The Soul. Design by FCD.