30 Day Relationship Challenge...With Myself: Day 9

Hi my name is Jen and I like to eat.  I just wish I was good at making that food to eat.

Today's Challenge: Experiment in the kitchen and cook up something new. 

I thought I was a good cook.  In my head, I knew my way around the kitchen.  What I failed to realize was that "cooking" does not mean making hot dogs in the microwave.  Or heating up sauce and boiling pasta.  Or unwrapping cupcakes and devouring a box of them.

That is not cooking.

I was really excited about this challenge.  And I thought it was quite well suited to try during PMS because all I want to do is eat and there is not nearly enough food in this world to sustain me.  The obvious choice was to try a french fry recipe from Pinterest.  Also, I got a 10lb bag of potatoes for $1.99 at Aldi's.  I intended to link to this recipe, showing off how successful I was, but I don't want it to ever get back to the original blogger how AWFULLY I failed.

F.A.I.L.

I love french fries.  I am so sorry I betrayed them in this way.  I took so much pride in slicing them up, soaking them for a while, and spreading them across the pan.  I soaked the pan with olive oil and Pam, determined to defeat any inkling the potatoes had to stick to the sheet.

They stuck.
But some of them cooked on top.

I ate them anyway.  And watched Gilmore Girls.  And laughed.  It was kind of a great failure, but the cook was kind of cute sooo...

Day 9 -- Ancient History!  Onwards to Day 10!


As a reminder, the inspiration for this list came from PopSugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top