30 Day Relationship Challenge...With Myself: Day 7

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

When I lived with my grandpa, I used to destroy Newsday's Crossword section.  And by destroy I mean get destroyed by.

Every night, Grandpa would sit in his recliner and flip between The Big Bang Theory or Blue Bloods.  I would sprawl out on the floor with the newspaper and struggle through the crossword.  Every once in awhile, I'd shout to Grandpa for help and he would chuckle and tell me to check my cheating machine (my phone).  It was the best.

Today's Challenge: Challenge each other to a board game.

Well, that's sort of difficult when you're playing by yourself.  Instead, I decided to hoard a bunch of Newsday Crossword puzzles.  Monday and Tuesdays are the easiest so I waited a few weeks to print a couple out (so that I wouldn't be tempted to use my cheating machine).  Sprawling out on my carpet, I alternated between episodes of Escaping Polygamy and Law & Order: SVU (season 17 on Netflix!).

It was just a nice little escape for a while.  Just me, stuck inside my own head, trying to win at--crosswords?  I guess that's a game in itself.  I toyed with the idea of Sudoku but those can easily lead to frustration so I stuck with the crossword.  It also brought me back to those nights with my Grandpa and reminded me how lucky I was to have the opportunity to live with him.

I didn't complete all of the puzzles, either, which as someone who feels the need to thoroughly complete nonsensical things was a bit of an accomplishment.  I just left them as is and understood that it was much more about the experience and quiet time away from the world than the final completion.

Then, I ripped them up into tiny balls and gave them to Charlie to play fetch with. #bondingtime

Day 7 -- Over!

As a reminder, the inspiration for this list came from PopSugar.

1 comment

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back. Am so excited, All Thanks goes to Dr Prince i was married to my husband, and we were living fine and happy. it come to an extend that my husband that use to love and care for me, doesn't have my time again, until i fined at that he was having an affair with another woman, I tried to stop him all my effort was in-vain suddenly he divorce me and went for the woman. he live me with two of our kids, I cried all day, I was in pains, sorrow and looking for help. I read a comment on how Dr Prince helped a lady to brought her husband back, after 2yrs , He helped people with his Magic spell love and reuniting spell. so I decided to contact him and explain my problems to him, he did a love spell that made my husband to come back to me and never think of the woman. this man is God sent to restore heart break and reunite relationship. may the lord be your strength and continue to use you to save people relationship and any problems contact him for help on princemagicspell@yahoo.com You can also contact him through his WhatsApp +19492293867. Contact him now for love spell to bring back your ex lover he is the best spell caster and he is the best solution to all relationship problems…

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Decorate The Soul. Design by FCD.