30 Day Relationship Challenge...with Myself: Day 2

This one was definitely not easy.  I've always been able to list what's wrong with me and for a while I truly thought that was a good quality.  The ability to evaluate what you're doing wrong and figuring out to how to correct them was, I convinced myself, a highly developed introspection tool.  Not so much.

Instead, I let those little imperfections beat me down.  Today's challenge is much further down on the original list.  I decided to tackle it early on to remind myself why I should be in love with Jennifer Lynn.

Today's Challenge:  Make a list of the reasons you love them, and share it.

1. Despite my lack of self-appreciation, I actually enjoy spending time alone with myself.  The other day, it was pouring down rain.  I cuddled up on my couch and stared out the massive window in my living room and dreamed about cozy winter days watching the snow fall with a book in my hands.

2. I like that I know the lyrics to virtually every song I've ever heard.  I have this weird talent that enables me to remember words to songs but cannot remember the last thing you said.  I take a strong pride in this.

3.  I can't remember anything, ever.  Sort of playing into the last one here, but yes, I cannot remember anything that's happened in my sad little life.  It's a blessing and a curse, but that's just me and I learned recently that sometimes it's better to focus on your strengths rather than lambasting your weaknesses.  It's my weakness, but I like it.  I rename people in my head to a name that fits.  I taught tennis to a girl for years who accepted that I renamed her Courtney and would never use her birth name.  Bless her.

4. I can imagine anything and everything.  Maybe that's why I'm such a failure at remembering real things because I'm always daydreaming elsewhere.

5. Sometimes when I'm in a conversation with someone else, I laugh so hard knowing the ending of what I'm saying that I never finish it. It is probably the most annoying thing on the planet if you're on the other side of this, but I truly enjoy myself in those moments.

6. I'm always trying to find ways to make the people in my life who matter feel special.  I also tend to beat up on myself for this one because I don't think I do enough of a good job, but nothing makes me happier than seeing them smile.  I love that I'm always striving to do better by them.

7. I make an amazing penne alla vodka.  Maybe I don't, but it's my favorite meal to cook for myself.  That's definitely something you do in a relationship, right?  So mark that one a success!

Okay, that's enough listing for now.  I've been sitting her for far too long and there's an episode of Girl Meets World awaiting my undivided attention.

Day 2--Completed! See ya on Day 3!


As a reminder, the inspiration for this list came from PopSugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top