Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Decorate The Soul!

One year ago I finally got the guts to publish my first blog post!  This was quickly followed by radio silence on my end until August when I started to semi-regularly update.  One whole year and it's amazing the friends I've made by being brave enough to put myself out there.  One whole year of forcing myself to write.  It's been awful.  It's been magical.

On that first day, I chose to use an Eleanor Roosevelt quote that tumbled in my head for years. I painted it on canvases, plastered it on coasters.  Today though, I think it would be fitting to provide the quote that inspired the name of this blog.  I found it on Pinterest, misquoted of course, and attributed to Jorge Luis Borges.  The quote actually comes from the poem "After A While" by Veronica Shoffstall:

So you plant your own garden
And decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting for someone 
To bring you flowers.

I have so many exciting ideas for this next coming year and hope to meet some of you as you (begrudgingly) tag along as I try to decorate my own soul.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the blog-aversary! (don't know if that's a word haha) Although I just found your blog it looks very lovely and I can't wait to see your new ideas this year =o)

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It's so hard to put yourself out there at first (currently in my 5th week of blogging) and it's awesome to see you've lasted the year and mean to go on :)

    www.englishgirlinnewyork.org

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top