What I Would Tell My 17 Year Old Self

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thanks to Facebook's ingenious On This Day app, I am reminded of many awkward and uncomfortable connections I made spanning the ten years I have been using the site.  From what I gather, the best term for me over these past ten years is dork.  A huge dork.

However, if I could go back and reach out to that seventeen year old girl I'd shake her by the shoulders and give her some of the following advice:

                                                                       17th Birthday                                                                   27th Birthday

Dear Jen,

There is more to life than what you are involved in right now.  The basketball team, tennis, the baseball team.  They will fade away and you will be left with wonderful memories, but what you need to do is push through it all and glance up at the sky every once in a while and remember this is temporary.  Don't work so hard for the now, but work harder for the future.

There are going to be people out there who wish to harm you for selfish reasons.  You have to make decisions on how you deal with these people and then live with the consequences.  In most cases, life sections off in two roads.  You will always wonder about the road you didn't take.  Just be careful that you don't get so caught up in wondering what's happening on the other path.

Try not to be such a jerk to your friends who listen to country music.  You're going to move to New York and will accidentally find the only country radio station.  And you will listen, a lot.  Yes, it's devastating, you'll never really understand how this ends up happening.

Daydreaming can be awesome, but it takes you away from this moment here and now.  Try to escape less and live more.

Stop paying attention to boys so much.  Focus on the girls in your life and do everything you can to strengthen those relationships.  They'll be there ten years from now, the guys won't.

Don't be afraid to dance.  You'll be far worse as time goes on, so there's no point in worrying about what everyone thinks of you as you do it.  They're usually too drunk to notice/remember anyway.  Actually, that's probably a general life rule.  Do whatever you want whenever you want, everyone's too drunk to notice/remember anyway.

Breathe.  Relax.  Stop being so uptight.  The things you worry about today are usually gone by tomorrow.  But really, calm down you get worked up a lot.

At the end of the day, you're weird. Embrace it and stop wishing you were cool, it's not going to happen.  And I'm so glad it didn't.

2 comments

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back. Am so excited, All Thanks goes to Dr Prince i was married to my husband, and we were living fine and happy. it come to an extend that my husband that use to love and care for me, doesn't have my time again, until i fined at that he was having an affair with another woman, I tried to stop him all my effort was in-vain suddenly he divorce me and went for the woman. he live me with two of our kids, I cried all day, I was in pains, sorrow and looking for help. I read a comment on how Dr Prince helped a lady to brought her husband back, after 2yrs , He helped people with his Magic spell love and reuniting spell. so I decided to contact him and explain my problems to him, he did a love spell that made my husband to come back to me and never think of the woman. this man is God sent to restore heart break and reunite relationship. may the lord be your strength and continue to use you to save people relationship and any problems contact him for help on princemagicspell@yahoo.com You can also contact him through his WhatsApp +19492293867. Contact him now for love spell to bring back your ex lover he is the best spell caster and he is the best solution to all relationship problems…

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a testimony that i will tell to every one to hear. i have been married four 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man DR. Osasu: have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self His email: (drosasu25@gmail.com) you can also contact him or whatspp him on this +2347064365391 thank so much

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Decorate The Soul. Design by FCD.