10 Books That Changed Me

Friday, November 20, 2015

Hi my name is Jen and I read books.  All the time.  Non-stop.  People scream fire centimeters from my face while I'm reading and I can't hear them.  I am long gone in whatever world is currently unfolding in between the pages my hands so carefully hold.

These books below are ones I got lost in from the very first page.  Their words still influence me; I can quote from most of them without batting an eye. They all seemed to fall into my hands in exactly the moment and time I needed them.  Reading each one of these was like discovering the magic of books for the very first time.  The worst thing about these books was finishing them.

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
2. Just Kids - Patti Smith
4. My Antonia - Willa Cather
5. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
6. Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
7. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
9. The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson
10. Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling

I'm aware that my last one is the Harry Potter series, but I read all seven books back to back.  In less than a month.  I can't separate them out and determine which one I like best.  So my answer is simply, Harry Potter.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Decorate The Soul. Design by FCD.